The Dorset Echo recruiting for an ambitious, dynamic journalist who is enthusiastic about delivering the digital stories our audience wants to read.
Based in Weymouth, you will be working in one of the most exciting patches Newsquest has to offer. A growing seaside town rich in history and big events – but with plenty of brilliant stories to tell.
You will work as part of our newsroom team driving our digital-first agenda and growing our audience with the content which matters to the people of Dorset.
You will be:
- Digitally focused – and know how to deliver proper local news stories in the most engaging way
- Full of digital ideas and confident in how to make them sing online
- Someone who lives and breathes digital understands the needs and pressures of a fast-moving modern newsroom and can spot news trends and react to them fast
- Ready to try new ideas and have some fun with them
- Ready to delve into analytics and know how to use them to maximise digital traffic – and hungry to learn
- Driven to get the best stories for our audience – and get out there and talk to people
- Keen to get under the skin of the community you are serving and dig out the exclusives we are looking for
- A talented trainee willing to work hard and get the best out of a busy patch
- Keen to develop your SEO skills and have a working knowledge of it
- You will either be an NCTJ-qualified trainee or have a journalism degree. If your degree is not NCTJ accredited we will provide the relevant additional training for you to become a fully NCTJ qualified journalist.
- You must have access to a car and a clean driving licence
If this sounds like the job for you, email your CV and a brief cover letter by clicking Apply Now by October 10.
Newsquest Media Group is one of the UK’s largest newspaper and website publishers. As well as a competitive salary, we also offer generous benefits including:
- Contributory Pension
- Perks and discounts at various retail outlets
- Opportunities for team building and training days
- 25 days paid holiday + statutory bank holidays + your birthday day off.
- Structured career progression, ongoing training, and personal performance reviews
- Discount Vouchers
- Discounted Gym membership
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Mental Health Support via Lifeworks
- Eye test vouchers plus £50 towards new glasses.
- Annual Volunteer Charity Day
Newsquest Media Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation. Our recruitment process will consist of various stages and activities, as part of our commitment to fairness to all applicants, we will take into account any adjustments that could help you.