We are on the hunt for a talented, digital reporter to join our team in Birmingham and provide digital coverage for our daily website, the BirminghamWorld.
You’ll be working in a team that is passionate about the city and the people who call it home, covering the issues that matter most to its communities.
The role is home based, but we regularly use an office in Birmingham city centre for team days.
The successful candidate will be a natural digital storyteller and quick to react to breaking and trending news as it unfolds. You know how to present stories in an engaging way and use video to reach new audiences on social media. The successful applicant will also be comfortable using and understanding analytics to help guide your content decisions.
What we are looking for:
- A skilled writer and researcher who can generate their own ideas
- A proactive journalist who is good at building contacts, interpreting data and forward planning
- A journalist motivated by high engagement, who understands that analytics are a key barometer of content quality
- A natural at shooting and editing video for digital platforms, including social media
- Capable of covering court and inquests when required
- Flexibility when it comes to working shifts and weekends, depending on the needs of the news agenda and the business
- NQJ, NCTJ Diploma or equivalent experience
- Sound legal knowledge and an understanding of the IPSO code
- Ability to take an accurate shorthand note
- Accurate and engaging writing style
- Able to understand and react to digital analytics
- Able to create engaging multimedia reports, including video content
National World is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment as an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. Consideration will be given to flexible working and job share options for all roles.