Stylist is looking for a talented Deputy Editor (mat leave) to join the digital editorial team on a fixed term basis.
Reporting to the Acting Digital Content Director, the successful candidate will lead a team of writers to success by strategically coordinating the daily content schedule, having an impeccable nose for a Stylist angle for a story, and being a stickler for deadlines and tight copy writing.
To work tactically and strategically to ensure quality, on-brand content is published every day on Stylist.co.uk and across our digital platforms. You will be confident discussing a breadth of topics with the wider editorial team, digging into the Stylist angle for every article published, and leading a team/setting appropriate deadlines. Your production strategy will enable and encourage the team to hit ambitious traffic targets, which ultimately delivers readers for our advertisers.
- Lead the news agenda with a view to setting out a daily schedule and publishing deadlines for the most on-brand stories each day. As part of this, you will monitor search trends and discussions online, using SEO and social insights to plan coverage.
- Use knowledge of the Stylist brand paired with data to inform decisions made on all content, and to encourage more junior team members to learn and use this decision-making method.
- Manage a team of writers; drive them to achieve the quality and quantity needed to achieve ambitious website and individual targets set.
- To commission or write five articles a week.
- To create and publish the Stylist Daily email on weekdays.
- Manage a team of writers and drive the wider team to achieve the quality and quantity needed to achieve ambitious website and individual targets set.
- Work tactically and strategically to improve the performance of everything we publish with special attention paid to not duplicating content but instead updating key evergreen articles alongside producing the Stylist take on breaking news.
- Ensure best practice is adopted across all content-creation, including SEO, the editing process and meeting deadlines.
- Understanding and reporting daily figures to the team to ensure traffic driving is at the heart of all decisions made.
- Where necessary, manage a budget and freelance writers.
- To work with the social team to ensure all content is published across the Stylist platforms in a timely manner.
- To work with the Editor, Digital to make sure all staff have the training and education needed to succeed in their role.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, 12-month fixed term position working 37.5 hours per week from our London, Fleet Street Office. The role presents the opportunity for hybrid working that must include regular office attendance. We offer a generous package including 26 days holiday plus bank holidays, health cash plan, gym discount, excellent pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
If you have any issues with your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy early once we have received suitable applications. Therefore, please ensure you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.