We are: News UK & Ireland is a phenomenal company full of talented, dedicated, and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever growing organisation with a real passion for quality content and storytelling. Our digital and print products include some of the most powerful media brands in the world, reaching over 30 million people each week. Our brands include national newspapers: The Sun, The Times, and The Sunday Times. Radio Stations under the Wireless Group umbrella include: talkSPORT, talkRADIO, Virgin Radio and several regional radio stations.
Your team: Situated within News UK’s commercial department, the Strategic Development team is tasked with driving revenue through expertise, thought leadership, and innovation whilst creating the foundations for future revenue streams. You will report into the Lead E-commerce and Affiliates Manager, working closely with the Editor and key editorial stakeholders.
Your role: Commercial Writer
The Commercial Writer will support the commercial team to deliver all branded content across timesmoneymentor.com, as well as support the wider eCommerce team. Ideally you will be knowledgeable about financial services and have already had success writing about the products, services, and brands in this sector. You should be comfortable responding to tight deadlines and creating content that is SEO optimised.
As a Commercial Writer within the team you will be aware of the necessary processes required to deliver effective native content within a digital newsroom environment.
Liaising closely with the Strategic Development Content Lead and E-Commerce Lead Editor, alongside the editorial team and with approval from the Editor, you will be responsible for delivering best in class digital branded content campaigns and drive revenue for the business.
You will be comfortable working on multiple projects at any one time, and have excellent project management and organisational skills to deliver briefs on time to client specifications and commercial objectives along brand guidelines and in support of editorial content planning. You will work collaboratively with both editorial and commercial teams to produce high quality work at all times. As a results driven individual with a can-do attitude, you will be adaptable and thrive on working within a talented commercial team, in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
Day to day you will:
- Be the main contact for any commercial content digital delivery on timesmoneymentor.com
- Write and publish flawless affiliate content, ensuring key section tone and style guidelines are adhered to
- Take guidance from SEO in order to publish content that resonates with our audiences and traffic sources
- Work towards traffic, revenue and engagement targets, ensuring key metrics are achieved across all areas of work
- Have an in-depth understanding of commercial arrangements and the importance of these, and how they are applied day to day
- Deliver on all commercial content campaigns, working closely with the Project Managers within the sales team for The Times
- Oversee copywriting and proofreading of commercial content to maintain consistency.
- Manage day to day publishing of digital commercial content, working with the Affiliates Manager and Head of Affiliates and Partnerships to execute campaigns to deadline and brief specifications
- Ensure correct tracking links are placed within commercial content and assist in monetising content on Times Money Mentor
- Review and analyse campaign performance and feed this information into the wider TMM team for pitch and content development ideas.
- Work closely with Affiliate Manager to write and publish content for CPC/CPL campaigns, key long-term partnerships and ad-hoc advertorial campaigns on timesmoneymentor.com
- Work with internal stakeholders across the business (Tech, Product etc.) to ensure all commercial requirements for content are met
- Proven digital journalism experience, preferably in a newsroom environment
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Copywriting and proofreading experience
- Proven ability to deliver projects with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Commercially minded
- Organised and efficient
- Excellent time management
- Proactive and resourceful
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Good working knowledge of SEO
- Working knowledge of wordpress content management system or similar
What’s in it for you?
We love our business and what we do. We want you to love work as much as we do so we promise to offer on-the-job training and development enabling you to be the best you can be.
Flexible Working: At News UK some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. Please talk to us at the interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to offer exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We take pride in looking after our amazing talent at News UK. Alongside pay, we offer:
- A generous pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%;
- A comprehensive private medical scheme covering pre-existing conditions;
- Maternity leave of up to 18 weeks full basic salary and paternity leave of up 2 weeks full basic salary;
- Discounted rates for Fitness First gym membership for employees and immediate family;
- A range of different flexible working options, which can be requested by employees;
- Interest free commuter loan of up to £10,000 tax free
- ‘Bikes For Work’ scheme to save income tax and national insurance;
- Up to four Volunteering Days per year for employees to use on charities of choice;
- Health and wellbeing benefits including on-site physio/massage, counselling, legal advice, and others.
We are a diverse team and strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential. We want to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised, utilised and celebrated.
News UK is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to providing equal opportunities for all its employees and applicants. We oppose all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We make better decisions, we’re stronger and happier, and it’s the right thing to do.