At DC Thomson we are a business with a purpose – to make a positive impact on the communities we serve.
We are home to some of the world’s best loved media brands, organised around local news and radio, companionship, kids, advocacy, energy, puzzles and hobbies.
The Courier, The Press & Journal, The Sunday Post, Beano, Stylist, Puzzler, The People’s Friend, My Weekly, bunkered, Energy Voice, Findmypast and Brightsolid are just some of the brands you might know us for.
Deeply rooted in our communities, we are investing in data, technology and talent to unlock a new level of understanding about what really matters to our customers. This is how we are shaping the future of media.
We’re changing the way we work to create a flexible, collaborative, learning-led culture that draws on expertise from across the organisation to create award-winning content and cultural moments that make audiences want to be part of our communities.
Our HQ is in Dundee and we have bases around the UK employing over 1,200 extraordinarily creative colleagues working in a mix of office/home/hybrid. They’re passionate about being part of the story of so many well-loved brands and they’re crucial to our ambitions for the company.
We’re looking for the best people to join us at DC Thomson, to share their energy, ideas and skills and be part of our story.
Why join us now?
DC Thomson is on an exciting transformation journey to growth. Our brands matter to people and we are passionate about sustaining meaningful relationships with the communities these brands serve.
Focused on creating brilliant content and experiences that inspire our audiences and communities.
Are you passionate about journalism that makes a difference? The Courier has a rare opportunity for a Campaigns Editor to drive content that champions positive change and holds power to account. This is a key role in delivering our strategy of building a community of digital subscribers engaged by high quality journalism that is a force for good.
A dynamic and experienced journalist to lead the conception, coordination, and execution of a series of impactful campaigns. This key newsroom role will identify and explore issues that truly matter to the communities we serve. In addition to producing powerful journalistic content, you will collaborate with colleagues across different departments, including news, features, impact, audience, insight and marketing to promote positive news and the social value of supporting The Courier through becoming a digital subscriber.
- Campaign Strategy: Develop a comprehensive strategy for identifying and selecting campaigns that align with the interests and concerns of our target communities.
- Campaign Coordination: Lead and coordinate all aspects of campaign planning, execution, and evaluation, working closely with the editor, newsroom teams, contributors, and external partners, ensuring cohesiveness and synergy in delivery.
- Content Creation: Generate compelling stories, articles, and multimedia content to drive engagement, raise awareness, spur conversations, and offer solutions around campaign issues and positive news.
- Internal Collaboration: Collaborate with audience, insight, and marketing teams to develop and implement effective promotional campaigns – including social media and newsletters – that highlight the positive difference The Courier makes through its journalism.
- Community Engagement: Foster strong relationships with the communities we serve, actively seeking their input and feedback to ensure campaigns resonate and address their needs.
- Data Analysis: Utilise data and analytics to track campaign success, gather insights, and make data-driven decisions to enhance future campaign effectiveness.
- External Collaboration: Form strategic partnerships and collaborations with relevant external organisations, stakeholders, and influencers to amplify the impact and reach of campaigns, as well as promoting The Courier as a force for positive change.
- Journalism Experience: Extensive experience in journalism, with a strong background in investigative reporting, storytelling, or feature writing.
- Campaign Management: Proven track record in conceiving, coordinating, and executing successful campaigns on pressing social issues.
- Editorial Skills: Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading abilities, with an eye for detail and a commitment to producing high-quality, impactful digital journalism.
- Collaboration: Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across different departments and functions within a media organisation, fostering positive relationships and driving shared goals.
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to engage and connect with various stakeholders, including colleagues, subscribers, and community members.
- Analytical Thinking: Strong analytical skills, with the ability to analyse data, extract insights, and leverage them to optimise campaign performance.
- Passion for Journalism: Demonstrated passion for ethical journalism, social impact, and driving positive change within communities.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 35 hours per week from our Dundee Office. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, health cash plan, gym discount, excellent pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
If you have any issues with your application, please email email@example.com
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy early once we have received suitable applications. Therefore, please ensure you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.