An exciting opportunity has become available to oversee our Stourbridge newsroom.
Based at our new office at The Waterfront in Brierley Hill, this role will be perfect for a senior journalist looking to make their first steps into management and news editing.
We are looking for someone to lead and inspire our team of reporters who are responsible for six titles – The Shuttle, Bromsgrove Advertiser, Redditch Advertiser, Stourbridge News, Dudley News and Halesowen News.
We need someone who can maximise page views for our news stories as well as organise and manage the news brands across our social media channels.
The role is digitally focused but the successful candidate will also be able to oversee the content of our titles in print.
We are looking for someone who is creative, digitally savvy, understands the pressures of a modern newsroom and wants to help us deliver the best possible content to our audience.
You will also need to be able to develop our reporters by working alongside the editor to help them get the very best out of their stories online. You will set the daily news agenda, deliver breaking news and come up with great story ideas. You will be editing stories but there will also be the opportunity to file your own stories.
The ideal candidate would already be working in a newsroom and want to take the step to the newsdesk.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Experience working in a newsroom
- Attention to detail
- The ability to lead, write and think quickly under pressure
- A brilliant news sense
- Great people skills and the ability to get on with a wide range of people in the community
- A high level of organisation and the ability to manage your diary and the team’s
- Ideally NCTJ qualification
- Excellent knowledge of relevant media law
- A full driving licence and access to a car
If this sounds like the job for you, please send your CV and a brief cover letter by clicking Apply Now.
Newsquest Media Group is one of the UK’s largest newspaper and website publishers.
As well as a competitive salary, we also offer generous benefits including:
- Contributory pension
- Perks and discounts at various retail outlets
- Opportunities for team building and training days
- 25 days’ paid holiday + statutory bank holidays + your birthday day off
- Structured career progression, ongoing training, and personal performance reviews
- Discount Vouchers
- Discounted Gym membership
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Mental Health Support via Telus
- Eye test vouchers plus £50 towards new glasses.
- Annual Volunteer Charity Day
Newsquest Media Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all community sections regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation. Our recruitment process will consist of various stages and activities, as part of our commitment to fairness to all applicants, we will take into account any adjustments that could help you.
Remember to mention the NCTJ jobs board when applying for this position.