We are looking for someone with an interest in PR and the media, who’s motivated and has excellent communication, and organisational skills.
What you’ll do:
- Assist in the delivery of priority PR campaigns for key entertainment shows, particularly focussed on Sky Original Drama, Comedy, Film and Factual, as well as acquired US content.
- Manage the team email inbox, dealing with media queries, providing routine information and referring queries on where necessary
- Manage Sky Media Village– our website where journalists can access all information about Sky’s upcoming content
- Provide assistance at media events and interviews such as launches and press days
- Upload releases to Sky’s media centre and issue releases directly to media
- Draft press releases and other press materials to the highest standard, researching and fact checking information
- Undertake administrative activities as required – including booking transport, telephone calls, purchase orders, preparing expenses, maintaining contact lists, ordering equipment etc.
- Collate press coverage and provide press updates to the team and wider business
- Manage interviews and set visit nominations
What you’ll bring:
- Highly motivated individual with a passion for PR and the media, in particular TV
- Some experience of the role of PR and social media is preferable
- Good knowledge of popular culture, particularly TV
- Happy to be flexible and handle both administrative and creative assignments with equal passion
- Excellent personal and written communication skills
- Ability to act with autonomy, seeking solutions to problems and referring upwards for guidance or to gain agreement on a recommendation
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task administrative asks from the team
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place!
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
How you’ll work:
We know the world has changed, and we want to offer our employees the chance to collaborate at our unique office spaces, whilst enjoying the convenience of working from home.
We’ve adopted a hybrid working approach to give more flexibility on where and how we work. You’ll find out more about what this means for this role during the recruitment process.
Your office base:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon!
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we’ve committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We’ve also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, So we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Please mention the NCTJ’s jobs board when applying.