Want to do the best work of your life? Make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
We have a fantastic opportunity to join Sky Sports News, working with one of our television production teams to help deliver our rolling news coverage. You’ll be at the heart of our storytelling, using your writing and video editing skills to help tell the stories that matter to our audience. You’ll achieve this alongside a friendly, inclusive & collaborative team in a fast-paced and varied environment.
What you’ll do:
- Write scripts and edit video using Avid Cloud UX for Sky Sports News and Sky News Sports Bulletins.
- Find informative and innovative ways to tell the day’s stories.
- Take responsibility for development of major/key stories when required.
- Suggest creative ways to enhance our storytelling using technology in our newsroom – including the video wall and large, interactive screen.
- Research and write questions for live interviews.
- Communicate with reporters & on-location producers to organise & deliver live reports.
- Demonstrate awareness of which stories may work well for our digital & social teams.
- Log incoming material – highlighting the best picture and news lines.
- Produce on-screen graphics using PilotEdge.
- Occasionally produce short Sky News Sports Bulletins (training provided).
- Once experienced, co-produce in the Sky Sports News gallery (training provided).
What you’ll bring:
- Strong writing skills and expert understanding of grammar, spelling & journalistic principles.
- Ability to prioritise workload, displaying a calm, detailed approach when under pressure.
- A passion for sport with wide-ranging knowledge.
- Positivity and resilience, helping to bring out the best from your colleagues.
- A self-starter with a desire to learn & develop through constructive feedback.
- A strong work ethic & willingness to work unsociable hours & weekends.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with video in a fast-paced editorial environment with tight deadlines (desired).
- A journalism qualification (desired).
Sky Sports News
We shape sports news, bringing fresh, creative and innovative ways of telling stories to our customers. Our multi-platform approach means we reach a diverse group of customers across a wide range of platforms.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Your office base:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
We are a Disability Confident Accredited Employer, and welcome and encourage applications from all candidates. We will look to ensure a fair and consistent experience for all, and will make reasonable adjustments to support you where appropriate. Please flag any adjustments you need to your recruiter as early as you can.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.