The role of the Assistant Producer – Social Media is to contribute to the production of market-leading social-first sports video and ensure its timely delivery for publication across Sky Sports Social Media platforms.
The role also requires collaboration and communication with the Social Media Publishing Hub, Sky Sports Digital as well as more widely with Sky Sports News and Sky Sports Content teams.
What you’ll do:
- Produce & edit high-quality sports video content for social platforms.
- Lead planning and production of multi-camera, high profile shoots with elite talent
- Contribute new ideas and propositions to ensure Sky Sports can reach diverse & varied audiences.
- Support in planning and production of existing and new social-first strands, including writing scripts.
- Maintain a good knowledge of current sporting issues, stories, and rival publishers.
- Support Sky and Sky Sports in the promotion of “Force for Good” initiatives
What you’ll bring:
- In-depth knowledge of YouTube & all social platforms
- Experience using Premiere Pro & Adobe suite
- Experience producing sports related content for digital or social platforms
- Able to readily embrace new technology and change
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, react quickly and meet tight deadlines in all live environments.
- A great teammate, believing in collaboration, adaptability and initiative
- A calm, organised and methodical approach to work
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, combined with the ability to provide quick resolution to problems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of budgets, business priorities, and relationships with partners
- Experience of editing and producing sports content services, particularly in the social space.
- Experience working within complex and multidimensional work environments, managing multiple partners with different objectives.
- Significant sports production experience and demonstrable experience in multimedia production.
- Attention to detail.
- An understanding of new and emerging media technologies and platforms and experience of delivering content services to each.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of video production
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place!
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences!
How you’ll work:
We know the world has changed, and we want to offer our employees the chance to collaborate at our unique office spaces, whilst enjoying the convenience of working from home.
We’ve adopted a hybrid working approach to give more flexibility on where and how we work. You’ll find out more about what this means for this role during the recruitment process.
Your office base:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There’s also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
We are a Disability Confident Accredited Employer, and welcome and encourage applications from all candidates. We will look to ensure a fair and consistent experience for all, and will make reasonable adjustments to support you where appropriate. Please flag any adjustments you need to your recruiter as early as you can.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.