This e-learning course is an essential training resource for journalists and content creators to gain knowledge about the capabilities of AI and learn essential skills to use it in their day-to-day roles.
The course will provide clarity around the meanings and definitions of AI in the newsroom, and will demonstrate how it can support content creation and the overall role of the journalist. It will also feature contributions from senior industry leaders as they explain how they are adopting and testing AI technology, while case studies from different organisations bring AI to life.
Journalists of all backgrounds and experiences will benefit from the learnings in the course, which combines up-to-date information with practical guidance. It has been designed to appeal to a broad range of roles in the media.
The course content includes the following:
- Explanation of AI including background and history, to its recent rise to prominence
- Examples of how the media is embedding AI in different organisations
- Impact on the role of the journalist – now and in the future
- Practical tips for learners to transfer to their day-to-day roles
- Industry case studies and interviews with editorial leaders to explain their use of AI
- Quiz sections to test your knowledge of the material learned
The resource can be accessed via the Journalism Skills Academy platform, and users can access the course material at any time and can learn in their own time and at their own pace.
The course is fully interactive with text, video, imagery and quizzes to provide an engaging user experience. It can be completed in around two hours.