This specialist course offers students the opportunity to develop core journalistic skills in preparation for careers in the media, working within local, national, and international sport.
Students on the programme can work in our fully-equipped newsrooms and have the opportunity to produce video, audio, and written content to be published on both digital and traditional platforms.
With teaching from industry professionals and academics, the course examines how to operate as a journalist in the sports industry, covering the core journalistic skills of newsgathering, media law, ethics, interviewing, and writing.
NCTJ elective modules offered:
- Shorthand for journalists
- Media law court reporting
- Public affairs for journalists
- Videojournalism for digital platforms
- Broadcast journalism
- Radio journalism
- TV journalism
- Photography for journalists
- Sports journalism
- Editing skills for journalists