The BA Journalism course at Liverpool John Moores University prepares students for life in a fast-paced multimedia newsroom while also ensuring that all our graduates leave with a strong academic degree alongside their first-class professional training.
You’ll learn key skills vital to a wide range of careers in journalism, communications and PR, including newsgathering and interviewing; feature writing; magazine production; digital and social media storytelling; TV, radio and podcasting.
You’ll build your research skills and knowledge through modules that will allow you to discuss the role of journalism in society, debate what ethical journalism should look like, and explore in depth a topic that you’re passionate about through a dissertation or final project.
You’ll be taught by a team of experienced industry professionals with a wide range of contacts across journalism and decades of teaching experience.
NCTJ elective modules offered:
- Broadcast journalism
- TV journalism
- Radio journalism
- Practical magazine journalism
- Journalism for a digital audience
- Media law court reporting
- Public affairs for journalists
- Shorthand for journalists
- Editing skills for journalists
- Videojournalism for digital platforms
- Introduction to PR for journalists