The National Qualification in Journalism (NQJ) is not just about getting through the day and, hopefully, passing the exam. It also indicates just how competent trainees are in actually doing their job long-term on a day-to-day basis at a senior level.
It is important to get some practical experience, with feedback, on all sections of the NQJ. The NCTJ offers this with its refresher courses, along with useful hints and tips for the exam day itself:
- Advance coursework to deadline and marked with feedback
- Two days of intensive practise and tuition
- Mock exams are marked with feedback given
- Full mock exam day with results and feedback
- Law update
- All exam sections covered
- Logbook review and advice
- Individual guidance as required
- Aims and objectives of the NQJ
Two-day workshops take place in February, June and October each year. The next courses in 2022 are:
17-18 February, hosted on Zoom.
The day will run between 9am-5pm with screen breaks including an hour break for lunch. We will send you joining instructions with a Zoom link a week before your refresher.
If you cannot make this date, but would like to be notified of additional NQJ workshop dates, please contact [email protected]
Note: JPIMedia and Newsquest organise refreshers for their employees independently of the NCTJ. Please contact your paper for more information.