The NCTJ’s board of directors has approved accreditation for four new journalism courses and also confirmed the renewal of accreditation for 17 courses.
The new courses accredited for the first time are:
- Coventry University College – Diploma in Journalism
- Lambeth College – Diploma in Magazine Journalism
- Staffordshire University – BA Journalism (two-year fast-track)
- University of Sunderland – BA Fashion Journalism
The Diploma in Journalism course is the first at Coventry University College to be accredited by the NCTJ. Lambeth College, Staffordshire University and the University of Sunderland already have other courses accredited however the course at the University of Sunderland is the first course in fashion journalism to be accredited by the NCTJ and the course at Staffordshire University, the first two year degree.
The Diploma in Magazine Journalism joins the existing Diploma in Newspaper Journalism offered by Lambeth College and the two-year BA Journalism at Staffordshire University delivers the same content as the three-year course but in a different structure, for students looking for a quicker, more intensive option.
Seventeen courses have also been re-accredited by the NCTJ:
- Bournemouth University – BA (Hons) Multimedia Journalism
- Cardonald College – HND Journalism Studies
- De Montfort University – BA (Hons) Journalism; PGDip/MA Journalism
- News Associates – Diploma in Multimedia Journalism (fast-track, full and part-time)
- Staffordshire University – BA Journalism; MA Journalism
- The Sheffield College, Norton College – Fast-track Press Photography and Photojournalism
- The Robert Gordon University – MSc Journalism
- University of Brighton – BA Sports Journalism
- University of Sunderland – BA (Hons) Journalism; BA (Hons) News Journalism; BA (Hons) Magazine Journalism; BA (Hons) Sports Journalism; MA/PGDip Journalism; MA/PGDip Magazine Journalism; MA Sports Journalism
These courses continue to show a commitment to providing the gold-standard qualification and delivering high-quality journalism training to students who have the talent and dedication to succeed in their journalism careers.