A full list of optional subjects is below. Use the links on the menu to the left to find out more about each subject.
There are 14 modules to choose from:
- How to use the English Language (level 2) - 1 credit
- Using the English language (level 2) - 1 credit
- Writing for digital media - 1 credit
- Writing for a specific purpose - 1 credit
- Feature writing - 1 credit
- How society works - 2 credits
- Using video to tell a story - 2 credits
- Using audio to tell a story - 2 credits
- Taking images suitable for publication - 1 credit
- Finding and using data - 1 credit
- Sports reporting - 2 credits
- Writing reviews and comment articles - 1 credit
- The history of news - 1 credit
- Community radio newsgathering - 2 credits
Those working to complete the Certificate in Foundation Journalism must complete optional subjects with a minimum value of six credits as well as the four mandatory subjects.
Alternatively, modules may be completed individually. On successful completion, learners will be awarded a unit certificate.
Thirty minutes of tutor support is included in each unit.
To order, click here.
Please note: this qualification has recently been under review and has been updated. From 30 September 2018, new learners will follow a revised qualification structure which is detailed here. Currently registered learners or distance learners may continue to complete the qualification as listed above until 30 September 2019. If you are thinking of registering for the CFJ qualification between now and 30 September 2018, please contact email@example.com for more information.