A full list of optional subjects is below.
There are 14 modules to choose from:
- How to use the English Language (level 2)
- Using the English language (level 2)
- Writing for digital media
- Writing for a specific purpose
- Feature writing
- How society works
- Using video to tell a story
- Using audio to tell a story
- Taking images suitable for publication
- Finding and using data
- Sports reporting
- Writing reviews and comment articles
- The history of news
- Community radio newsgathering
Those working to complete the Certificate in Foundation Journalism must complete optional subjects with a minimum value of six credits as well as the four mandatory subjects.
Alternatively, modules may be completed individually. On successful completion, learners will be awarded a unit certificate.
Thirty minutes of tutor support is included in each unit.