This course is ideal for PR professionals in all sectors with some experience looking to improve their press release writing and gain further knowledge of other PR skills such as campaign planning and an introduction to marketing. Candidates are asked to send examples of their work ahead of the course for review.
Who it’s for: Those with some PR experience looking to improve their writing and general skills.
Not for: Beginners in PR.
What is covered
- How to structure and write a press release
- Essential content and research
- Examining news hooks and being creative
- Developing a news style with good language
- The pitfalls and what to avoid
- How to be more proactive
- Hands on press release writing
- Pitching it right – understanding all media options and using other approaches rather than just press releases
- The follow-ups and how best to approach them
- Reviewing changes in the media and understanding social media advantages
- How to plan and organise a press conference
- Planning a strategic PR campaign
- Introduction to marketing resources that should be considered as part of the PR mix
- Touching on crisis management
Date: 29 August 2019. To enquire about this course please contact us.
Cost: Our standard price is £375 plus VAT per delegate, please enquire about group rates
We can also arrange for our trainer to come to you to run an in-house course, which is a great cost-effective option for larger groups. Please enquire about in-house rates at email@example.com.
To see which courses are currently scheduled, click here.