This course is ideal for PR professionals in all sectors with some experience looking to improve their press release writing and gain further knowledge of other PR skills such as campaign planning and an introduction to marketing. Candidates are asked to send examples of their work ahead of the course for review.
Who it’s for: Those with some PR experience looking to improve their writing and general skills.
Not for: Beginners in PR.
What is covered
- How to structure and write a press release
- Essential content and research
- Examining news hooks and being creative
- Developing a news style with good language
- The pitfalls and what to avoid
- How to be more proactive
- Hands on press release writing
- Pitching it right – understanding all media options and using other approaches rather than just press releases
- The follow-ups and how best to approach them
- Reviewing changes in the media and understanding social media advantages
- How to plan and organise a press conference
- Planning a strategic PR campaign
- Introduction to marketing resources that should be considered as part of the PR mix
- Touching on crisis management
Location: NCTJ offices, Newport, Essex, but it can also be delivered as an in-house course.
Date: This course can be set according to delegates' needs.
Cost: Our standard price is £375 plus VAT per delegate, please enquire about group rates.
Contact us for more information. To book a place, please complete the form below.