We are looking for talented writers and editors to work on The Sun’s Snapchat edition, creating and editing content tailored to its audience. There are different roles available depending on experience.
● Conceive ideas for stories and features for both daily editions and for future features and development
● Write stories and edit existing stories to conform to The Sun’s Snapchat style
● Assist team with new publishing on other digital platforms as required
Key Skills and Experience:
● Solid experience of writing and editing copy in a variety of styles for a publisher
● Experience of Snapchat, at least as a user, and a demonstrable understanding of The Sun’s Snapchat style
● Unflappable under pressure and delivers work at a consistently high standard
● Pro-active and displays a willingness to take on any task
● Positive attitude and good team player
● Takes initiative in order to achieve desired results
● Self-starter, organised and a good problem-solver, able to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
● Experience working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams
● Can demonstrate an understanding of the The Sun brand, both print and digital
● Flexibility to work shift patterns across 7 days
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We are a diverse and team so want to maximise every individual’s potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.