Gallery Production Assistant 12 Month FTC
Your Role: You will be part of a small but highly skilled team working across live news bulletins on a daily basis.
The role of Gallery PA is pivotal in ensuring each broadcast runs to time, taking into account on and off air times, and all other elements that are played in.
Day to day:
- You will be required to accurately time all bulletins, calling VT allocations and ULAY’s, counting out of VT’s, counting the presenter out of links, and ensuring a smooth program transmission for getting on and off air
- Communicate clearly and efficiently to the Presenter and Director, and Producers any timings or issues that arise during the broadcast
- It is your responsibility to communicate with presentation/ scheduling the on air and off air times for each bulletin and ensure the information is communicated to the relevant individuals
- Be quick thinking and use your initiative to communicate with presentation/scheduling should any technical problems arise
- Proficient using and following INews, marking up where VT’s and all other elements need to be played in
- Count clearly and articulately in a high pressured environment
What we’re looking for from you:
- This is a fast paced and busy role that requires previous experience within a live gallery environment, as well as knowledge of live studio broadcasts
- Extremely organised and accurate with timings for all broadcasts, identifying and eradicating any timing issues
- You will have good relationship building skills, be an excellent communicator, and highly articulate and organised. You will have an eye for detail and the ability to work methodically and quickly
- It is essential you are able to adapt to last minute changes of timings within broadcasts
- Able to remain calm and excel in a high pressure environment of live television, whilst using initiative
- You must possess excellent IT skills, as well as have a strong knowledge of INews
- Strong mathematical skills
TalkTV: The latest innovation from News UK, TalkTV launched on 25 April 2022 creating a major new channel, available to everyone across the UK and delivering a bold new voice in current affairs, debate and opinion. Piers Morgan, one of the most recognisable broadcasters in the world, is the first signing for TalkTV, delivering Piers Morgan Uncensored, a primetime show which promises to be a fearless forum for lively debate and agenda-setting interviews. Award-winning journalist and broadcaster Tom Newton Dunn provides straight and balanced news with The News Desk. And the legendary Sharon Osbourne is just one of the famous faces discussing the day’s issues on The Talk. Drawing together world-class talent across News UK, TalkTV broadcasts from state-of-the-art studios at The News Building in London Bridge and available live or on-demand, on linear and connected TV and on any personal device. TalkTV broadcasts 24/7 on Sky Channel 526, Virgin Media Channel 627, Freeview Channel 237 and Freesat Channel 217, as well as via connected TV services, smart devices, the TalkTV app and at talk.tv.
We are News UK: One of the leading media businesses in the UK and Ireland, our newsbrands include The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, The Sun on Sunday and The TLS. Our national broadcast brands include talkSPORT, Times Radio, talkRADIO and Virgin Radio, and we have market-leading local radio stations across Ireland. In 2022 we launched TalkTV, a major new TV channel available to everyone across the UK, delivering a schedule of news, current affairs, entertainment and sport. Our world-famous brands provide news, analysis, opinion and entertainment to almost 40 million people each month. Spanning digital and print, audio and video, events and experiences, our brands are home to a plurality of opinion, representing the diverse communities we serve. News UK is wholly owned by News Corp.
Life at News
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 8 employee-led networks; Cultural Diversity, News is Out, GenZ, Sustainability Champions, News for Parents, Women in Tech, News UK Christian Fellowship and we are awaiting the launch of our Women’s Steering Group.
We take pride in looking after our amazing talent at News UK supporting the Health and Wellbeing of our staff. We offer private medical insurance covering pre-existing conditions, discounted gym memberships, ClassPass at Home, weekly virtual HIIT, yoga and run club classes, and a ‘Bikes for Work’ scheme, as well as offering opportunities for physio/massage, counselling and legal support.
In addition we also offer:
- A generous pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%;
- 25 days holiday and up to 4 volunteering days per year;
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks;
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.