Do you have a passion for great content, quality journalism and the ability to spot a trending story?
Do you want to be part of the collaborative team behind nationalworld.com, the UK’s newest national news title whose audience is growing rapidly?
Due to the speed of this growth, we are investing in our great team to make sure we are writing more stories that people up and down the UK want to read.
You will have the hunger to learn, develop and embrace change as our business develops.
Already living in a world of social media, you will have a grasp of SEO and a natural understanding of what makes great digital content.
Who we are looking for:
- Successful candidates will have a keen eye for a story and an understanding of what drives audiences, along with a natural understanding of SEO
- Demonstrate the ability to follow analytics, identify content trends and come up with original content ideas
- Understand how to optimise content for search
- Be comfortable in a fast-paced media environment but have the organisational skills to plan ahead
- A keen news sense and an understanding of what drives audiences, along with a natural understanding of social media
- Be capable of producing fast and accurate copy
- Exhibit familiarity with analytics tools that drive both content discovery and creation
- A team player: able to work closely with colleagues with various specialities
- Experience of working in a newsroom, agency or on a digital platform
- An understanding of how tone impacts brand values
- Previous experience of using a website content management system
- Understanding of SEO principles and best practice
- Familiarity with basic photo/video editing tools
- Good interview skills and a tenacity to find the right person to talk to
- A good knowledge of media law and the Editors Code of Practice
- NCTJ qualification or equivalent experience
- Strong writer, storyteller and communicator
Please note this role is remote however there is a requirement that you must be residing in the UK
National World is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment as an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. Consideration will be given to flexible working options for all roles.