We are looking for bright, curious, hardworking and creative people to join our team as Apprentice Junior Journalists
Tindle Newspaper Limited has local publications across South East and South West England as well as papers across Wales and the borders. We are a company with a long tradition of being at the heart of the local community and we now have an exciting opportunity for people to join our team and learn how to be a brilliant journalist in an established and welcoming environment.
What you will be doing:
· Working with the editorial teams, writing and filling stories across news, features and sports, both in print and digitally.
· Helping us develop out social media presence with interesting and engaging content
· Becoming part of the local community, taking part in community events, creating relationships with key people in the community and becoming a local advocate for our brands.
· Helping us deliver quality paper and digital content that appeals to current and new readership.
· Support the overall business to be successful and achieve its business and journalistic aims.
What you will get:
· Support and enrolment on an 18-month Apprentice Programme where you will study different aspect of the journalistic role, both through practical application at work and through college study (mainly remote).
· A chance to work alongside experienced journalist and editors, with support to achieve your NCTJ qualification (level 5 Junior Journalist).
· An opportunity to work in an exciting career where every day is different, and you have the chance to make a difference to the local community.
· A chance to work in a traditional print environment, but also to work withing our expanding digital offering.
· 18 Months contract
· £14,500 per annum – earn while you learn
· 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
What will you need to have?
· A desire to be creative, to be flexible, and have a curiosity about the community around you
· A willingness to learn and develop great journalistic skills
· GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English
· A driving license (A provisional license may be acceptable as long as full license is obtained before year end)
Location – Kingsbridge – 1 role