Course Type: Higher Education Undergraduate
Centre: University of Central Lancashire
Region: North West England
Duration: 3 years
About the course:
The journalism industry is more varied than ever, but whether it’s words, sounds, images or video– it’s still about professional, trained journalists telling stories that matter.
At UCLan, we’ve been helping people like you be part of this exciting profession for nearly 60 years. A few things have changed, but our commitment to producing employable, creative and multi-skilled journalists is still what we’re about.
- Students enjoy it! 100% overall Student Satisfaction (National Student Survey 2018)
- Taught by professional journalists
- Multi-platform newsdays, work placement, career development, voice and presentation training - all from Year One
- Industry partnerships and collaborations
- See your stories published to a real audience via UCLan Live.
NCTJ elective modules offered:
- Media law court reporting
- Public affairs for journalists
- Videojournalism for online
- Editing skills for journalists
- Broadcast journalism
- Practical magazine journalism
"Since graduating I have become a journalist at ITV News and it's been a whirlwind - I've had tons of experience so far, such as winning the Outstanding Young Journalist award at the Asian Media Awards, chasing Boris Johnson through Euston station on national news to interviewing Premier League footballer Sadio Mane. None of this would have been possible if it wasn't for UCLan."
- Amani Khan, 2017 graduate
Job destinations of recent graduates include:
- BBC local radio
- Blackpool Gazette
- Daily Mail
For admissions enquiries, please contact Caroline Hawtin on [email protected] or 01772 895692.