Would you like to be a freelance writer? To cover stories you enjoy, issues you care about?
This e-learning course will help you to develop the skills, contacts and confidence you need to freelance. Whether you are already working in journalism and want to spread your wings, a career changer seeking new horizons or just staring out in your career, this course is for you.
You can take part at your own pace, build your expertise and benefit from writing exercises created by successful freelancers that will put what you are learning into practice.
The course covers:
- Taking the plunge – is freelancing right for you?
- The market
- What you can bring and how to build skills
- How to have ideas
- Growing and presenting your stories
- Pitching yourself and your work
- Marketing and building contacts
- Practicalities – billing, finance and tax