The Royal Family is experiencing an unprecedented level of global attention and has dominated the news agenda during the last six months following the death of Queen Elizabeth, the succession of King Charles and the ongoing high-profile publicity surrounding the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.
There are many complexities for journalists to navigate when reporting on the Royal Family as they must carefully balance royal protocols and legal and regulatory frameworks with public interest journalism.
Ahead of King Charles’ coronation in May, this session will provide essential information on what you need to know when reporting on the royals which cuts across many different types of journalism.
This session would be most suitable for early-career journalists and junior editors but anyone with an interest in reporting on the Royal Family is welcome to attend.
- Learners will have the knowledge and confidence to report and write a story about the Royal Family
- Learners will be more informed on the legal and ethical issues that surround royal journalism
- Learners will understand royal protocols
- Learners will understand the royal rota and how to approach a royal visit
- Learners will understand the history of the relationship between the Royal Family and the media