This is a unique opportunity for a bright, talented experienced administrator to develop a career at the UK media industry’s journalism training charity and awarding organisation.
We are passionate about high standards of journalism and the importance of best practice. This could be your chance to help us ensure our qualifications are administered to the highest professional standards. It is an exciting time to be joining the NCTJ as we broaden our customer base and deliver our assessments online.
In return for your commitment and hard work, we provide a competitive salary and benefits, a great working environment and we will help you to develop your skills and experience.
Find out more below, and click here to view full job information.
- Organising exam centres
- Exam controller administration
- Exam papers and documentation
- E-logbooks and e-portfolios
- Organising marking and moderation
- Issuing results and certificates
- Producing reports
- Setting exam dates/schedules
- General administration and communications
Skills and experience
- Sound administration and organisational experience
- Able to demonstrate experience of multi-tasking
- Effective working quickly under pressure and in managing heavy personal workloads
- Excellent use of English and writing skills
- Able to plan, prioritise and meet daily deadlines
- Able to work on own initiative and effectively with team members
- Confident, professional telephone manner
- Typing and data-entry skills, computer literate and confident in use of word, spreadsheets, databases and emails
- Customer focused and results-driven
- Good interpersonal skills – confident, open, approachable, facilitative and persuasive
- Flexible and adaptable
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Accurate, efficient, consistent
- Friendly with a sense of humour
Remuneration and benefits
For this post the NCTJ offers a competitive salary depending on experience and further training and career development opportunities.
This is full-time (35 hours per week) permanent contract.
Other benefits include 25 days of paid holiday per annum, bonus scheme, free life cover and a matched pension contribution of five per cent of salary.
The NCTJ has a friendly working environment with a team-working and goal-orientated culture. All our team members are committed to achieving high standards and implementing new ways of working. We are flexible and adaptable to change.
Reporting to the head of quality and assessment, the successful candidate will work closely with the other members of the exams team and will liaise with our centres, candidates and employers.
The role is based at the NCTJ’s offices in Newport, Saffron Walden, Essex.
Your full curriculum vitae and covering letter, detailing why you would like to be considered for the position and stating your current salary, should be addressed to Rachel Manby, head of quality and assessment.
Applications should be emailed to [email protected] by the closing date of 12 August 2019.