A course covering all the basic elements of news and feature writing, from ideas to producing gripping copy to deadlines.
Those new to, or those who need to improve their skills in news or feature writing for newspapers, magazines and websites (to include in house).
- The changing media world and how this can benefit organisations
- The essentials of good writing
- Plain English and grammar refresher
- Interviewing skills
- Story structures – news, nibs and features
- Commercial stories – press releases and copy writing
- Headline writing
- Simple language
- Editing and proofreading
- Improving delegates' writing
Following this course you will be able to write news and features for a range of publications, know how to structure stories and be able to meet deadlines.
Cost: Our standard price is £375 plus VAT per delegate, please enquire about group rates
Location: We can host individuals or groups at the NCTJ offices in Essex, just one hour from London. Or our trainers can come to your offices for group sessions wherever you are in the UK.
Please enquire about group rates at henry.s[email protected].