More and more journalists are now using their smartphone as an electronic news gathering device as online magazines and newspapers increasingly expect reporters to add multimedia content to their story. The one-day course will teach you how to record audio and how to shoot video using your smartphone. You will:
- Learn how to record audio interviews and use a microphone to get the best sound.
- Shoot video interviews and learn how to frame the subject correctly using well established cinematography techniques.
- Film vox pops, point-of-view shots, action shots and film multiple interviewees.
- Use your smartphone to film establishing shots and cutaway shots.
- Learn how to use natural lighting as a key light to model and illuminate the subject.
- Use good interview technique and learn how to edit for the sound.
- Take photographs and learn how to use picture composition and rule of thirds.
- Use recorded audio and photographs to create a slideshow.
- Learn how to edit your clips and use a smartphone app to create a video news story.
- Use a variety apps to create PDFs, edit photographs and colour grade video.
- Launch video news stories online using social media and web sites.
Required equipment: Delegates will need to bring an iPhone, iPad or Android device. If you have any queries please contact us.
Cost: Our standard price is £275 plus VAT per delegate, please enquire about group rates. Our trainers can also come to your offices for group sessions wherever you are in the UK.
Please enquire about group rates at [email protected].