A course covering all aspects of successfully pitching your story ideas/press releases to the media and making sure your message is translated into positive and accurate editorial.
Anyone working in PR or communications who wants to successfully and consistently achieve media coverage for their clients, and those who want a better understanding of how newsrooms work.
- Hour by hour breakdown of a day in the life of a national newspaper newsroom
- How to pitch to regionals and magazines
- The difference between the news desk and features desk
- Everything you ever wanted to know about the back bench and middle bench but were afraid to ask
- What makes a great press release
- What makes a terrible press release
- The best time of day to pitch your story
- How to get news and features editors interested in your story
- Why editors go big with some stories and ignore others
- Case studies of successful and unsuccessful story pitches
- MoT your press release: bring your draft release to ensure it’s fit for purpose.
Following this course, you will understand what makes a newsroom tick, thus allowing you to pitch story ideas and press releases with confidence.
Date: This course is not currently scheduled. To enquire about this course please contact us.
Cost: Our standard price is £375 plus VAT per delegate, please enquire about group rates
We can also arrange for our trainer to come to you to run an in-house course, which is a great cost-effective option for larger groups. Please enquire about in-house rates at [email protected].
To see which courses are currently scheduled, click here.