- B2C and B2B magazines, and organisations with in-house magazines, newspapers or newsletters
- The title may be established, recently launched or in the planning stage
- Delegates will have journalistic skills but little or no experience in selling advertising and commercial strategy generally
- Advertising sector overview
- Building a smart prospect list
- Basic face to face and telephone selling skills
- Creating a rate card
- Creating commercial platforms eg features, premium positions, online applications, loose insertions
- Creating a compelling media pack and other sales tools
- Targeting & forecasting
- Communications with the wider team
- Sales incentives
- Contra deal opportunities
- Advertising/editorial pagination ratios
Trainer: This course will be taught by Alan Dickinson. Alan is a non executive director at Narrative Communications and a former regional advertising director with Trinity Mirror, publisher with BQ Regional Business Magazines and magazine director with Business Magazine Group. He has extensive experience developing commercial media relationships and the careers of advertising managers and salespeople.
Most recently he has helped create a publishing division at Narrative Communications monetising a 63,000 distribution What’s On magazine for Sage Gateshead, and a lifestyle magazine for a 15 branch Estate Agency.
Required on the course:
- Back copies of the title
- Distribution model information
Date: 26 September 2019
Cost: Our standard price is £275 plus VAT per delegate, please enquire about group rates
Location: Just one hour from London at the NCTJ offices in Essex.
We can also arrange for our trainer to come to you to run an in-house course, which is a great cost-effective option for larger groups. Please enquire about in-house rates at [email protected].