The rise of the podcast has transformed the way journalists can tell their stories, add to their digital output and earn money. As newspapers and magazines look for more digital content to attract their tribes, audio skills are an essential addition to the journalist’s toolkit, while bloggers without a podcast are missing a trick.
This online course will teach you how to frame your story for audio, record audio using a smartphone/recorder, edit and the basics of podcasting.
Hosted on Zoom, during the interactive session, you will:
- Learn to turn a press release into an audio story
- Learn how to record audio interviews and use a microphone to get the best sound
- Learn how to get a performance from your interviewee
- Learn how to get atmosphere for your story
- Learn how to use links to tell your story
- Learn how to edit using Pro Tools, Audacity or Audition
- Learn how podcasting fits into the digital news landscape
- How to use social media to promote your podcast
- Learn how to get ‘New and Noteworthy’ on iTunes
- Learn how to get to number 1 in the iTunes charts
- How to make money from your podcast!
Course tutor: Gilly Smith is a food journalist who has worked in radio, TV and print and taught digital journalism at the University of Brighton. She is currently the podcast producer and presenter of the delicious podcast for the UK's best food magazine, delicious., featuring stories and topics from the world of food.
Cost: Our standard price is £62.50 plus VAT, please enquire about group rates
We can also arrange for our trainer to come to you to run an in-house or online course, which is a great cost-effective option for larger groups. Please enquire about in-house rates at [email protected].