Would you like to write a feature on something you’re passionate about and see it in print or online? Are you think of breaking into long-form writing, but need to know how? Then this feature writing masterclass could be for you.
Taught by a top industry professional with experience across newspapers and magazines as a writer and editor, you will:
- Discover the difference between news and features
- Examine the style of long form writing and learn tricks of the trade
- Create ideas that will work
- Explore the many avenues of feature writing, including comment writing, reviewing, interviewing, news backgrounders, travel and lifestyle.
- Understand how and where to use emotion, humour and opinion
- Learn how to pitch, know your market and get commissioned
Anyone who would like to improve their feature writing skills and write for a range of platforms including newspapers, websites and magazines, whether as a freelance, staffer or as a spare time activity.