Who we can train
We not only train journalists but anyone who needs journalistic skills. With our training people can master the skills of effective writing, editing and presentation.
Because of our unique insight into how journalists approach events that may offer them news items, we have an unparalleled ability to train those who need to work effectively with journalists. Our training is invaluable for anyone tasked with getting a message across via the media.
This will include:
- Press officers and others who need to liaise with the media
- Those who are not in a press liaison role but who must respond to journalists' enquiries
- Policy advisors and implementers who need to be able to gauge how a particular initiative will 'play' in the media
Increasingly, a wide range of staff who have had no journalistic or communications training are called upon to write and /or edit at work. They find that acquiring essential journalistic and communications skills can help them enormously. It builds their confidence and boosts their effectiveness.
Those we can help include:
- Internal communications departments
- Staff required to write or edit on a company intranet
- The team running a customer-facing website
- Trainers who are now required to put their material online
- Writers and editors of company newsletters