McNae's Essential Law - bulk price
The 22nd edition of McNae is due for publication in June 2014.
McNae's Essential Law for Journalists remains the definitive guide to media law. Now in its 21st edition and featuring a new author team, this acclaimed book has been fully updated and features key point summaries, clear cross-references and practical advice. McNae’s gives both students and journalists a detailed yet accessible explanation of the law and practical guidance on applying it.
- Endorsed by the National Council for the Training of Journalists as the essential text for students on journalism courses
- New case studies and examples on topics including reporting before trial, filming and photographing the public, and press intrusion
- New coverage of broadcast media law in line with the NCTJ syllabus
- Commentary on privacy and the media, including commentary on injunctions and phone-hacking
- New guidance on journalists’ use of social media
- Coverage of online journalism issues such as the impact of online reporting on jurors
- At-a-glance summaries of essential points, including what journalists may report
- Practical tips from the authors on applying the law