Four new Diploma in Journalism awards have been created thanks to support from media companies.
Journalism employers in the online, magazine and broadcast sectors have agreed to sponsor awards for the top-performing students studying specialist options of the NCTJ Diploma in Journalism each academic year.
The new awards are:
- The HoldtheFrontPage production journalism award for the best performance in the production journalism exam
- The ITV News broadcast journalism award for the best performance in the broadcast journalism exams
- The Mark Allen Group business of magazines award for the best performance in the business of magazines exam
- The Sky Sports News shorthand award is presented for the best shorthand note and transcription marked as 100 per cent accurate at a speed of 110 or 120wpm
The awards will be presented at the NCTJ’s annual Student Council event, hosted by News UK, London on 6 February. Each award-winner will receive a certificate and a cheque for £250.
Existing sponsored Diploma in Journalism awards include:
- Archant reporting award
- Johnston Press media law court reporting award
- Mustard TV videojournalism award
- Oxford University Press media law award
- Oxford University Press public affairs award
- Society of Editors shorthand award (100wpm)
- NFL UK sports journalism award