A course covering all the basic elements of news and feature writing, from ideas to producing gripping copy to deadlines.
Those new to news or feature writing for newspapers, magazines and web sites.
- Good writing skills refresher
- Grammar and punctuation refresher
- Specific story structures - news and features
- Finding stories and doing your research
- How to generate and develop ideas
- Interviewing tips and quotes
- An introduction to law and ethics
- The different approaches needed for web writing
- Headlines and Search Engine Optimisation skills
- Practical exercises with feedback
Following this course you will be able to write news and features for a range of publications, know how to structure stories and be able to meet deadlines.
Duration: A one-day course held at NCTJ, Newport, Essex
Dates: 26 June; 2 September 2014
Fee: £375 plus VAT
Contact us for more information or download the booking form on the right
"Best training since taking up my position."
- Bill Pascoe, Devon and Cornwall Police
"This has been a really valuable day. It has been really useful and I’ve learned a lot. It’ll certainly change the way I write.”
- Jamie Walker, World Horse Welfare