How to enter
It is free to enter the NCTJ Awards for Excellence in Journalism. Applicants may submit a maximum of one student entry and one trainee entry for each category, according to their status when the submitted work was produced. Work must have been produced between 1 September 2011 and 31 August 2012. The same piece of work may not be submitted more than once.
Please submit three sets of each entry.
|Example of a News Journalism entry
Now photocopy the above twice and post all three sets to the NCTJ.
For all categories, a mix of media may be submitted, i.e. if supplying three stories, it could be one video, one audio and one written piece.
Video and audio entries
Must be cut packages of not more than:
- In the case of video entries - 3' 00" duration
- In the case of audio entries - 4' 00" duration
- Should be accompanied by a copy of the script or, in the case of entries which consist of interviews, any questions or briefing materials prepared before recording
- The intended or actual outlet should be identified in the supporting statement.
- Can be submitted as PDFs on a CD or in hard copy format (A4 only, please do not use mount board)
- Can be printed from a website
- A list of URL links to online work (including audio and video) can be submitted in a Word document. (NB If the link is unavailable at the time of judging, it will not be considered.)
- Please supply high resolution (at least 300dpi) images on CD/DVD AND hard copies
- Supporting statement is needed in addition to the captions.
All entry forms should be posted to the NCTJ, to arrive by 5pm on Friday, 14 September, 2012. Tutors and editors may enter on behalf of their students or trainees.