The National Qualification in Journalism (NQJ) is not just about getting through the day and, hopefully, passing the exam. It also indicates just how competent trainees are in actually doing their job long-term on a day-to-day basis at a senior level.
It is important to get some practical experience, with feedback, on all sections of the NQJ. The NCTJ offers this with its refresher courses, along with useful hints and tips for the exam day itself:
- Advance coursework to deadline and marked with feedback
- Three days of intensive practise and tuition
- Mock exams are marked with feedback given
- Full mock exam day with results and feedback
- Law update
- All exam sections covered
- Logbook review and advice
- Individual guidance as required
- Aims and objectives of the NQJ
Please come prepared, and note that IT, refreshments and lunch will be provided for you.
Workshops take place in February, June and October each year. The next courses in 2018 are:
16-18 October 2018 - NCTJ, Newport, Essex
24-26 October 2018 - NCTJ, Newport, Essex
Note: Johnston Press and Newsquest organise refreshers for their employees independently of the NCTJ. Please contact your paper for more information.