Aimed at: Digital writers, editors and sub-editors who create and/or edit aggregated online content and who want to ensure that their content gets noticed for being smart, original and accurate
- Be first with the story without sacrificing quality
- From social media to traditional outlets, where are the best sources?
- Checking accuracy and assessing credibility and reliability of sources
- Journalists as content curators
- Using one source, but making it different
- The whole is greater than the sum of the parts – creating a coherent package
- Finding your own angle or another story out of the same facts
- How much need is there for balance / fairness?
- Adding your own research
- Directing the audience towards further content
- Attribution and links
- Is it ethical?
- Using the law to create an advantage and minimise the risks
- Numerous resources and links
Location: NCTJ offices, Newport, Essex, but it can also be delivered as an in-house course
Date: 23 February or can be set according to delegates' needs
Cost: £275 plus VAT per delegate, please enquire about group rates
Contact us for more information or fill out the short course booking form below.