Email marketing for journalists
Anyone interested in using email newsletters and marketing to support their journalism or publishing business. Individuals or organisations in journalism, the media, publishing, the arts or entertainment at a personal, local, national or international level (consumer or business to business).
- Creating an email strategy to grow your business
- Building your email lists - a checklist to help grow your audience
- What you need to know about the law - a checklist for best practice around data protection and spam laws
- Designing and building your newsletter
- Split testing and other techniques to test your newsletters
- Tips on getting the most from Mailchimp and other email software
- Integrating your email marketing with your website and social media
- Using automated emails to build your audience
- Pros and cons of using competitions to build lists
- How to target content to the right audience
- Collecting data about your audience
Location: NCTJ offices, Newport, Essex, but it can also be delivered as an in-house course
Date: 17 May 2017, and can also be set according to delegates' needs
Cost: £275 plus VAT per delegate
Contact us for more information. To book a place, please complete the form below.
This course will be taught by Nick Turner. Nick Turner has 25 years experience working in regional and digital journalism. He has been President of the Society of Editors and founded the Digital Editors' Network which provides a forum for media managers to meet with companies such as Facebook, Twitter and Google. As digital strategy manager for CN Group he launched and edited websites, developed email newsletters and developed revenue streams around social media and content marketing.