This course is ideal for PR professionals and key personnel in any organisation tasked with handling the media in a crisis. The course gives a complete picture of what is required even before the media is in contact. It gives advice on how to plan ahead as well as deal with a crisis when it hits.
Who it’s for: PR professionals and company personnel handling the media in a crisis.
Not for: Beginners in PR and junior staff.
What is covered
- Contingency planning ahead of any media contact
- The best way to deal with press enquiries – who should answer
- Understanding the different facets of the media and their requirements
- Delivering written and verbal press statements / FAQs – what to include
- How to be proactive in a crisis
- Managing the company’s reputation and dealing with stakeholders
- Being in control and achieving the PR objectives
- Damage limitation and complaining if the press gets it wrong
- Setting up contacts and resources to deal with the media
- How to plan and organise a press conference
- How to deal with Freedom of Information requests
- Tackling internal comms – staff should not be the last to know
- Organising a press conference
- Post-crisis: Future opportunities to raise the company’s profile
Location: NCTJ offices, Newport, Essex, but it can also be delivered as an in-house course
Date: To be set according to delegates' needs
Cost: Our standard price is £375 plus VAT per delegate, please enquire about group rates
Contact us for more information. To book a place, please complete the form below.