This course explains how the media works, with particular emphasis on radio and TV, training delegates via live scenarios on how to prepare for crisis situations.
Anyone who is expected to represent their organisation on radio and TV – from press officers to chief executives. The course will be prepared for any level of delegates.
- Analysing broadcast skills and confidence levels
- Assessing forthcoming media ‘events’
- Introducing the broadcast media – and what they’re after
- General preparation: the dos and don’ts, sound-bites and key messages
- ‘Live’ scenarios #1: camera, lights and action on an ‘easy’ story
- Detailed preparation for TV news
- Crisis situations: dealing with hostile media
- ‘Live’ scenarios #2: delegates grilled on ‘crisis’ stories
- Constructive assessment of all performances
- Individual discs of appearance and full 1-1 notes
Following this course you will have the knowledge and ability to appear on radio and TV, representing your organisation with confidence.
Location: NCTJ offices, Newport, Essex, but it can also be delivered as an in-house course
Date: To be set according to delegates' needs
Cost: Our standard price is £475 per delegate, please enquire about group rates
Contact us for more information. To book a place, please complete the form below.