This course is intended for newcomers to public relations, whether in-house press or communications officers, independent / agency consultants or in the voluntary sector.
While the press release (content) is an important part of the course, other skills and attributes required for PR are covered.
Candidates are asked to send examples of their work ahead of the course for review.
Who it’s for: Newcomers to the PR industry.
Not for: Experienced PRs.
What is covered
- How to structure and write a press release
- How to write interestingly with good news hooks
- Developing a news style with good language
- The pitfalls and what to avoid
- Hands on press release writing
- How to be proactive as well as reactive
- Pitching it right – understanding all media options and using other approaches rather than just press releases
- Reviewing changes in the media and understanding social media advantages
- Setting up contacts and resources to help open media doors
- How to plan and organise a press conference
- Monitoring and measuring – essential PR requirements to demonstrate achievement
- Client meeting preparation – who should attend, agendas, activity and contact reports
- Touching on the essentials for a strategic PR campaign
Date: This course is not currently scheduled. To enquire about this course please contact us.
Cost: Our standard price is £375 plus VAT per delegate, please enquire about group rates
We can also arrange for our trainer to come to you to run an in-house course, which is a great cost-effective option for larger groups. Please enquire about in-house rates at email@example.com.
To see which courses are currently scheduled, click here.